Saturday 7 January 2012

Empties Review...

I'm not even joking guys, I'm going crazy at the moment with studying which is why my posts have been a bit thin on the ground... or non-existent on the ground! However, I have a quick empties post which I've added a couple of mini reviews to... so here goes...


As you can see, I've finished using my Dead Sea Spa Magik Bath Salts which I got in a Glossybox my sister was forced to buy at The Clothes Show. I also used up my lovely Pantene Repair and Protect samples sent to me by the hair-geniuses (what is the plural of genius? Genii? Let me know in the comments!) And finally, although it's not technically empty, I've included my balance Me Super Moisturising Body Wash, as I actually won't be using it again unfortunately :(


This was one of the 'gems' I found in the Glossybox my younger sister was pressured into buying at The Clothes Show. Despite finishing these salts, it's almost as if they never existed as they don't really have a scent, don't do anything to my bathwater, and also don't make me feel any different when I'm relaxing! According to the company, in theory 'The salts contain 21 beneficial minerals and are used on the skin for their curative and therapeutic properties. Particularly beneficial in alleviating dry skin conditions as well as acting as a natural exfoliant, remarkably improving skin texture. The wonderful relaxation sensation is caused by the bromides, and magnesium and potassium help soothe aches'. They are supposed to retail at £5.50 for 1 kilo and to be honest, I wouldn't pay 5p for them, sadly.


I'm now a huge fan of this range! Even after just two uses I am hooked :) Next trip I take into Anywhere-That-Sells-Shampoo I'm going to be purchasing this sharpish. This range is great for those with Normal to Thick hair, and had tons of Hair Fixing chemicals which are ideal for sorting out heat damage and chemical damage also. I used the shampoo which lathered into a really rich creamy texture. Plus, it smelt delicious! Then it was time for the conditioner which was the only but which I wouldn't really rate, just because it was a bit too 'slippy'... I know that is generally the nature of conditioner, but it was the kind of texture where it literally slipped right off my hand, and I'm sure that most of the product ended up on my shower floor than in my hair. BUT NEVER FEAR because the next step is uber-conditioning and acts as a lush treatment. The 2 Minute Intensive Repair Treatment was quite a thick creamy formula and I did exactly as the instructions suggest working from the tips of your hair upwards towards the roots. Using a wide-tooth comb I made sure my hair was nicely de-tangled and then put it in a loose plait. I was a bit naughty and left it for about five minutes before rinsing it off and I genuinely found that my hair was thicker and full of shiny volume after I'd allowed it to dry naturally. I really want to invest in more of their products, but for now all you need to know is that the shampoo is £4.69, the conditioner is £4.69 and the treatment is £4.69 also! Ideal :) You can buy them here... if they work for my crazy mane I'm sure they'll work for you!


This was another item which I got at The Clothes Show as it was hidden inside an ELLE magazine goodie bag. I ran out of my Clean on Me by Soap&Glory the other day, so I grabbed this when I was in the bath, splodged some into my hand and my eyes filled with tears. I experience eczema on the palms of my hands and on my fingers when I'm stressed, and as I have three assignments due in very soon, my skin is painfully cracked and looking very sore. The citrus-y ingredients in this product stung the tiny cuts on my hands and I couldn't even have my hands in the bath after I'd rinsed it off because it was so ouch-y. This is a huge shame as the product itself is very nice. It even boasts on the back of the bottle that it is so moisturizing that if you were in a rush you could skip your moisturizing/body butter routine! Again it had a very rich lather and smelt delicious... would be perfect as a wake-up call in the morning as its fruity and tangy smelling. I know this is really random, but it's really pretty in your bathroom too! The bright orange colour makes me smile so I'm not going to throw this out but give it to my sister. I would recommend this to anyone without skin irritation. However, at £12.25 this is quite a lot for a shower gel... You can buy it here.


So that's it for my most recent empties! I think I'll be running this kind of post as often as I can because I think it's interesting for people to see what my thoughts were on a topic, especially if I've been so addicted to it that it's now empty! 

Thanks for reading, and please bear with me whilst I have all of these deadlines coming up :) HauteFuture is and will always be my first love, but I need to get my degree!

What products have you been rating recently? Does anyone know a good body wash for those with skin irritations? Would you spend £12.25 on a shower gel??? Leave it in the comments below <3

Love
gabriellasofia

5 comments:

  1. oooh £12 for shower gel.. thats alot! Your lucky you got it in a goodie bag! We stock so much of that sea minerals stuff at work. I would say 'we sell' but we actually sell buggar all of it. I have opened up all the bottles to do a 'sniff test' and they dont even smell nice! And the packaging is DULL. I still need to try my hair samples! Awesome post my love! Keep it up xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post! Shame about the shower gel. I too suffer with the same problem on my hands and fingers when I'm stressed...I have a 4,500 word essay to finish researching and write in a very short space of time as I had thesis work to do and family to visit over Christmas. I, literally speaking, feel your pain! Good luck with the essay writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks @Vikki I have even more of these Pantene bits! I just found them :) They are really lush truly.
    Hi @MakeupbyNix :D It was horrible the stinging :( always want to find a nice cream because the one the doc gives me is so greasy bleaughhh. Essays kill us. Literally, FOLs Haha, people keep telling me that all the hard work will pay off... I'm waiting lol. Thanks for reading and please stop by more often :D
    Love
    gabriellasofia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "recent empties" type posts!

    A great trick for gentle body washes is to use baby body wash. Johnson's makes some good ones. :) I don't usually spend a lot of money on body gels unless it's a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh thanks for the tip! I'll definitely have to try baby wash lol... my skin is so sore so I need something super-duper gentle :) I know right, £3 is like my MAXIMUM haha.
    Love
    gabriellasofia
    x

    ReplyDelete