Thursday 31 May 2012

Haute Body: Weight Watchers Goodies...



The lovely people at Weight Watchers have kindly sent me some yummy products to try out and I've since decided to write a little bit about them. These items were sent to me for free. However, the opinions in this post are completely my own and I've written these mini-reviews because I want to and not because I've promised a positive review in exchange for free stuff!



So, let's get started. First for a brief explanation of what the Weight Watchers diet is all about, if you didn't already know. Here's how they summarize the company and their diet plan:


'The Weight Watchers programme is uniquely positioned to allow you to play the weight loss game and win. Based on up-to-date science and tried and tested over the years by real people, the Weight Watchers programme comes from the experts at the weight loss game. It’s designed for living and losing (weight, that is!).

The ProPoints plan is a fantastic counting system that allows you to eat what you like, when you like, until you reach your daily total. It guides you to make healthier food choices, eating more of the things that are good for you and for weight loss, and less of the things that aren’t. You get a Weekly ProPoints Allowance to play with every week too, so you can keep treats and nights out firmly on the menu and still watch that weight go steadily down.'



Simples! Alongside the ease of being able to incorporate your usual weekly shop into your points-counting diet plan, Weight Watchers also offer their own brand products which work much better on the diet than the more unhealthy alternatives. For example, Weight Watchers do their own rose wine (which is just 75 calories per glass!!!), bread rolls, chicken marinade etc. And they are really nice. Anyway, let me give you a couple of reviews on how I've found some of the products so far...




My first major obsession is these Weight Watchers Peach and Pear Fruit Pots. I've always had a bit of a thing about tinned peaches and that's how these fruit pots taste, but with added freshness! The fruit is soft and sweet, and the juice is yummy to drink up afterwards. Also, these are great to throw into a lunch box too as they even have a little foldaway fork included. Perfect mid-morning snack.

 



I've NEVER been into coffee at all. Usually it makes me squinch up my face in a 'icky' shape and push it away scratching my abused tongue with my teeth. However, these Weight Watchers cappuccino sachets make a really nice creamy hot drink with a subtle yet present taste of coffee. These were fantastic when I was studying for exams as they gave me a quick energy boost when I most needed it, and I didn't even have to add sugar. One tip I would give though, let your cappuccino sit out for a bit before drinking it and give it a couple of extra stirs as the powder can form into little lumps which aren't so great when you're expecting just liquid!

 

The Weight Watchers Milk Chocolate Digestive Biscuits are my new favorite naughty snack. The only difference between these and your regular ones is that they are noticeably smaller. Although having said that, the chocolate is noticeably nicer in my opinion too. Also, I know its a seemingly small and insignificant factor, but the fact that this pack reseals itself is a huge selling point to me as it keeps the biscuits fresh and crunchy for longer. Nomgobble.


The Weight Watchers Sicilian Lemonade sounded very promising to me as I'm always trying to find fizzy drinks which are suitable for diets without having that artificial 'itsadietdrinksowe'vestuckaloadofsweetnersintoit' taste. Unfortunately, although I have finished the bottle and the fizz was great where its competitors sometimes lack (do you not think Diet Coke is flatter than the real stuff?) I still could taste sweeteners which reminded me a bit of those Panda Pop drinks which I used to get with my kiddie pub lunch back when I was a rug-rat. Can't recommend this drink sadly :(



These cute little bags of tortilla chips are ideal. They are nacho cheese flavoured and really hit the spot if I'm craving a salty snack. As you can see, I even made them into a little nacho plate using some healthy salsa and half-fat mature grated cheddar cheese. I just stuck it into the microwave for twenty seconds and boom, finished. Really yummy snack!

I'll write a similar post within the next couple of weeks to review some of the other items I've been kindly sent, but as you can tell, I'm pretty happy with what I've tasted so far, so thank you very much Lucy! Also, I was sent two recipe books and I've tried a variety of the dishes which are taught in there, so I'll post up some pictures and tips regarding how I got along cooking healthy Weight Watchers inspired dishes for my whole family.

Have you ever tried Weight Watchers? Can you think of any other ways I could jazz up these bits and bobs like I did with the tortillas? Are you as excited as I am about 75 calorie per glass rose wine???

Love and snuggles
gabriellasofia
x

6 comments:

  1. Those nachos are making me hungryyyy! I love WeightWatchers ready meals and snacks, they actually have a nice taste to them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love their sweet and sour chicken and rice dish. Its incredibly indulgent considering that its also a healthy dish. The nachos were delish... just wish there'd been a few more!
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  2. How did i not know about 75 cal rose!? Guttted about the sicilian lemonade though...thats the product that caught my eye in the picture!

    Love your blog by the way - now following you :)
    x
    http://elle-barry.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks for following Elle! I'll head over to check out your page now. As for the lemonade I was a bit disappointed too :( Wish they did a cloudy lemonade because they're usually so delicious!
      75 calorie wine... WIN :D
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  3. It sounds like their food has come a long way, as many of those foods actually sound quite yummy.

    Good luck! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was really impressed, especially because most of their food is a healthy version of naughty things like fizzy drinks and biscuits. Yummm.
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete