Sunday 20 May 2012

Honey, I'm Home!

Ohhhh the excitement of seeing blogger interface on my screen once again! The thrill of sitting before a clean page of 'New Post'! The buzz of being able to type the blog-post which I have been looking forward to for ever so long... I am LOVING LIFE!


For those of my lovely loyal followers who have stuck by me during what feels like a millenium-long blog break, I have nothing but the most sincere thanks. As you will know, making the decision to take my break was really difficult, because to be honest, blogging is quite literally my favourite thing to do. I love it so much, that I was wanting to invest more time in HauteFuture than in my university studies. Now I know some of you are probably thinking, 'So why didn't you???' Well, it can be hard when you know that the consequences of doing something you love might be disappointing to the people you love the most. Although I'm still quite positive I'm only going to get a *perfectly respectable* 2.2 degree classification for my past three years studying English Literature at the University of Birmingham, I had to feel like I was doing my best, so at least if my grade does disappoint, I know there's nothing more I could have done. Anyway, enough of that palaver, if you want to read more about my Blog Break Decision click here. So as I said, thank you very much, followers, for sticking by me and being patient whilst I pursued my education for a little bit.

Also, a huge thank you goes out to my fantastic guest bloggers who held the fort for me while I was gone. If you missed any of their posts, please check them out! We had...

Fighting Acne Together by Sophie Nightingale

Long Distance Fairy-Tale Relationships by Karyn O'Donnell

Being Miss Thrifty by Victoria's Vintage

Fur, Friend or Faux? by Erin Allenn

North American Fashion by Rachel and Her Journal

Also, there were many other lovely ladies who got in touch in order to write guest posts for me, but we just didn't get round to publishing them yet, so please expect a couple more guest posts in the future, and similarly, if you think you'd like to write a guest post for me please read this post and send me an email :) I welcome anyone, blogger or non-blogger, male or female, human or amphibian.

Finally, I want to say a huge thank you to my friends and family who have been so supportive over the past few months. Having to quit something you're passionate about in order to pursue something you're not passionate about was a big sacrifice for me and without lovely home-cooking, hour-long phone calls, and the occasional late night booze-up I literally wouldn't have gotten through all this! You realize the people who really love you not by the fact that they're always there to enjoy the good times, but also because they pick you up when you're down and share the bad times with you too. I'm pretty sure I owe drinks to way more people than I can afford at the moment because of all the support, but I promise I'll get it all sorted in good time... Like, when I get a job maybe? Yes, I think that's fair... :)

So this was just a huge 'Thank You' post really, but I think it needed to be said. I'm so happy to be back to blogging, especially as there are so many posts that I've been dying to write for months and I can't wait to get back to my YouTube channel as to be honest, I feel like my most recent video was one of my best and the most professionally done so far, so I can't wait to improve even more! I'm definitely going to be posting often now, however, I'm not going to make a schedule just yet because I believe that will ruin the spontaneity which I'm loving at the moment. I may consider making a schedule after a few weeks, but we'll see! If you'd like a sneak peek of some of the things I've got in the pipeline, click here. My next post will be a run-down of all the things which have been keeping me busy over the past few months...

Now you know I'm back in blogging-business if there are any posts you'd like to see, please let me know... Would you like some more beauty tutorial videos? More lifestyle than I used to do? Perhaps I could write up some more events I've been attending? It's totally up to you! So please let me know :)

Love and snuggles
gabriellasofia x

8 comments:

  1. Really love your blog. Quite an interesting post too :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you baby! Glad to have you as a reader :)
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  2. Yay! It's awesome to have you back! I can imagine taking a break must have been pretty hard, but now you can reward yourself by blogging away to your heart's content! :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh it was so difficult it was unreal! I cried like a baby when I first went on my break, haha. But you know, I got through it and as you say, I'll be blogging my little butt off!
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  3. gabs this has made my day :) i'm so excited to read new posts from you! i love your blog just the way it is but if you wanted to know my favourite types of posts to read then i'd say that it's your lifestyle/experience type ones. my favourite that you've ever written is the post about the british pole dance academy :) it was so well written!

    anyway, looking forward to reading more soon. lots of love, missing you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I'm definitely going to write some more exercise class reviews soon, particularly as I NEED to get in shape in time for summer, so keep an eye out lovely!
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  4. Welcome back lovely!! I can't wait to read new posts from you, I am sure whatever you decide to write about will be fab (always is!!!)

    Em

    x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em, I'm on CLOUD NINE with all my blogging now! Haha, you're so sweet about my blog, it makes me blush. Lolll. I have so much material in the pipeline, so hopefully some of it will live up to the expectations you have of me :P
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete