Sunday 27 May 2012

Outfit of the Day 26th May Summer Gig...

I'm sure you all know the feeling Hautettes, you are attending an event to which you would usually know EXACTLY what to wear. However, the seasons have changed and the outfit which would have been suitable would no longer make sense. On top of all that, you have nothing that would be ideal for the event.

So I had this problem just yesterday as my parents had organised for their staff (they run The Hippy Hippy Shake Company milkshake bars in the Stoke-on-Trent area) to get together at the gig of one of my favourite local bands, 3's A Riot. Since I was hoping to run into some friends which I'd made at the HippyHaze music festival which my father put on over Easter, I wanted a fab outfit. I attended a lot of gigs over the winter season as I helped my dad scout for bands, and my Gig Uniform was usually a tight black bodycon skirt, tights, boots, a simple t-shirt and my leather jacket. However, during this heat-wave tights and leather are totally unthinkable. Also, I don't like wearing boots in summer because my feet get too hot and I'd rather be able to show of my cute painted toe nails! So you'd think, 'Simples, bodycon skirt, sandals and a t-shirt.' However, when you're as short as me you NEED a heel, and wearing heels without tights with a bodycon look a tad too i'moutonthepullclubbinganyonewanttogetlucky for a rock gig. Not the look I was going for.

Naturally, I headed out to our local Outfit which stocks Arcadia Group stores such as Topshop, Miss Selfridge, Warehouse and more, in order to find a fix for the event. This is what I settled on... 


I love wearing dark colours to gigs but since the weather is so lush recently I didn't think it would be appropriate to dress totally dark. SO, I invested in this very pale pink/nude/peach skirt from Miss Selfridge which was £35 (doesn't it remind you of a ballet costume?) and paired it with this cute little crop-top from the same place for £18. £18 sounds like a lot of money for a little piece of cotton, but to be honest it's been really hard to find bralets which a) fit and b) are flattering to my figure because I am cursed with rather large breasts. I managed to grab my jewelry out of the sale section for Freedom at Topshop, getting the choker and matching bracelet combo for a steal at £4 from £12, and I also took it upon myself to give the newly popular 'ear cuffs' a chance as I found one for just £1.50 reduced from £6.50 for no reason. I wasn't sure if I'd like the ear cuff as I thought it might be a bit too 'rock chick' for me, but upon trying it on I was hooked! Basically, its like a regular earring stud, but with a little clip attached at the end of a hanging chain which you curl around the top of your ear cartilage. I pinned a bit of my hair back with a flower clip which is the same colour as my skirt so that people could get the full effect of the ear cuff. I wore my standard black tassel bag which I've had for ages and my black suede Topshop shoes which my parents got me for my birthday. 

As for my face...


*This picture makes me look like I've had WAY too much sun, but I actually haven't even been out in the sun so it must have been due to weird lighting. Also, how shiny is my forehead??? Stupid effing flash.*


*And this picture makes my lipstick look invisible and I look ghostly white. Cameras, eh?*

I used Lancome's Teint Miracle foundation with a dusting of benefit's Hello Flawless powder foundation over the top. I contoured very lightly with Hoola by the same company and used their Browzings as usual to darken my brows. I brushed some of Nars's Orgasm blush over the apples of my cheeks for a youthful look then got started on my eye shadow. Using Urban Decay's Naked palette I dusted Virgin up to my eyebrows and on the inner corners of my eyes before packing Half Baked over my entire lids. I brought this colour down onto my lower lash line and started layering it under my eyes starting from my inner corners and extending it onto my cheeks slightly so it was nice and sparkly which made me feel kind of glam rock. I took a bit of Creep on a liner brush and smoked it around the outer corner of my lid, dragging it into my socket and running it along my upper lash line. I used benefit's BadGal liner on my lowed water line and coated my lashes with their They're Real mascara. I used their highlighter Moon Beam around my cupids bow, on my brow bone and across the tops of my cheek bones before slicking on a thick layer of Revlon's Lip Butter in Peach Parfait. And that was that!

I had a fantastic night and The Hippy Hippy Shake Company staff did too, looking lovely as ever! They're a sexy bunch, wouldn't you agree?

 


So what do you think about my ensemble and makeup look? What do you wear to a gig in the summer? Does anyone know how to make my camera take face-pictures like I want it to? 

Love and snuggles
gabriellasofia
x

14 comments:

  1. I saw these miss selfridge bra tops online, they're on sale at the mo. I wondered what they'd look like on someone and they look nicer than I thought they would.

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they have some nice colours on sale but the black was still full-priced. I bought it anyway because I really wanted the black. Its surprisingly supportive as well as being quite nice to look at. I PRIZE PURCHASE haha.
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  2. You look lovely. Love the bra top. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks baby! I might invest in some of the other colours too.
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  3. That skirt is really pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so comfy too! Love the way it floats in the breeze :)
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  4. You look fantastic, such a pretty outfit. I also really want to visit your milkshake bars now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Daisy! My parents place is pretty cool, even if I say so myself :) Might do a blogpost about it soon, so keep an eye out.
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  5. U look fab! ur foundation looks amazing! I love ur skirt too! I want it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) I'm gutted the stupid camera won't make it look as nice as it looked in real life. BUY THE SKIRT it's magical. Haha.
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  6. You look fab! The skirt is gorgeous. Brilliant bargains :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. And I used my student discount which was 10% off so it was all even cheaper.
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  7. I love your skirt! Looks beautiful, just added it to my wishlist!:)


    http://mademoisellecharlotteanne.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! I love feeling a bit like I've inspired someone else's wishlist, I take my biggest stylespiration from other people's OOTD posts.
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete