Monday 4 June 2012

The Obligatory 'How I've Done My Nails For the Diamond Jubiliee' Post

I'm not going to even pretend that this is an original idea for a blog post, or nail art for that matter! However, I felt rather left out seeing everyone post their fabulous nail ideas for the Queen's Diamond Jubiliee, so I figured I'd spend the past half hour whipping up these beauties... 


As usual I've taken my pics on my Crap-berry so they're not the best quality... sue me. Anyway, let me tell you what I used...


*Sally Hansen French Tip Whitener, Nails Inc in The Hurlingham, No7 Stay Perfect in Betty Blues, Icing Glitter Polish in blue*


*No7's Stay Perfect in Hot to Trot, Barry M Nail Paint in Red Glitter, Icing Glitter Polish in Gold*


Basically, I used the No7 Betty Blues on my thumbs, coated over with the Icing Glitter in blue. Then I painted Nails Inc's The Hurlingham on my pointy finger with a layer of Barry M's Red Glitter over the top. For my pinkie finger I used No7's Hot to Trot with a thin coating of Icing's Glitter in Gold. 


My naughty middle finger was pretty simple too. I used Barry M's Nail Paint in Red Glitter across the whole nail. Then I painted Icing's Glitter in blue two thirds down the nail with their gold glitter one third of the way down. I did this quite roughly which was cool as it gave this starry effect.

My ring fingers took me about fifteen minutes to do, and I basically painted the white Sally Hansen colour across the whole surface, very carefully using The Hurlingham by Nails Inc and No7's Betty Blues on a cocktail stick to draw the Union Jack over my nail. This was really fiddly, and I'm surprised I managed to get both my left and right hand looking almost identical. Great success!


So there you have it, a nail design for the Diamond Jubilee. I know it could have been done much quicker, with a nail art pen or two, but I didn't have any to hand so this is the best I could do. Not bad eh? I'm pretty proud even if I say so myself!

What does your Jubilee nail art look like? I was thinking of doing these with pastel colours instead of conventional red-white-and-blue, maybe I'll try that tomorrow, what do you think? Have you seen any cool Diamond Jubilee makeup looks? I'm thinking of doing a huge Union Jack eye, but I think that maybe a taking things a tad too far... thoughts?

Love and snuggles
gabriellasofia
x

6 comments:

  1. oooh they look wonderful :) check out my attempt lol againw ith no pens either!

    http://lealeaho.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=jubilee+nails

    LeaLea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your nail look! They can be so fiddly to do without pens, but I think they look better in the end.
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  2. These are brilliant! Very clear and neat.

    Michelle's Treasure Chest
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! They were quite time-consuming, but I think they were worth it :)
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  3. great nails and they are fun =)
    I'll be happy if you check out my blog too=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll head over to check out your blog now. Thanks for your comment, these nails were a great talking point all weekend!
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete