Tuesday 5 June 2012

Outfit of the Day 4th June Red, White and Blue for the Diamond Jubilee...

To match my Jubilee Nails I decided I'd go with a red, white and blue outfit yesterday when I headed to a daytime gig and barbecue at a local pub called The Potter. Since my dad's music festival in Easter (HippyHaze) I've become friends with lots of different musicians so get invited to gigs and open mic nights all the time, which is fab because having finished university last month I want to go out EVERY NIGHT but aren't much into clubbing. Yesterday's event was even more fun than usual because of the Jubilee-related festivities which meant that there were balloons and children and face-paint and bunting and hot-dogs (which I couldn't eat as I'm on a three-day pre-graduation-ball detox diet but they smelt lush nonetheless...) plus its always nice seeing my pals Dave and Jake play Titanium by David Guetta, Disco 2000 by Pulp and some of their own songs too.


Anyway, enough of how great my day was, let's get onto my outfit, shall we?


*Casual 'I'm-just-hanging-out-leaning-against-the-stair-banister' pose.*


*This little white dress was from the Topshop sale two summers ago and it was a tad longer when I bought it, but since I've worn it so many times I guess it's shrunk in the wash (much to my father's dismay) but it's still an appropriate-enough length to wear in public and in spite of the fact that the weather was not as hot and sunny as I would have liked it to have been, I figured I'd bare my pins for the world to see. Lucky world.*


*I love throwing this denim Topshop shirt over the top of the dress because it makes things look a bit more casual by covering up my arms. Plus, when the wind blows, this dress goes flying, so its nice having the security blanket of some extra material to weigh down the slightly wayward skirt! And it kept me warm in the cool weather. Multiple benefits, you see?*


*I picked these shoes up back in January of last year in the Office sale for just £20 as I was going to fancy-dress 'Moulin Rouge' for my birthday that year and I figured they'd be perfect for the event. However, at the time I didn't really expect them to wear them ever again, so I've been pleasantly surprised at how versatile they've been since! Plus, they're really easy to walk in considering that they are quite high. My dad hates them because he thinks they're too 'slutty', and my mom isn't a fan as she thinks they're too 'theatrical'. I'm mad for them though...*

Anyway, the gig went fantastically and I had a great time cheering the lads on. Better still, it was all over by about 7pm so I had time to get home in time to watch the Jubilee Concert on the BBC last night which was brilliant (apart from the part where Cheryl Cole tore Lady Antebellum's Need You Now to pieces...) so I got to see my favorites, Annie Lennox, Elton John and Paul McCartney perform. Winner.

Do you think the shoes are 'slutty'? What did you think of Cheryl Cole's performance last night? Have you been wearing patriotic red, white and blue?

Love and snuggles 
gabriellasofia
x

1 comment:

  1. I was camping so it was all baggy jumpers and tracksuits for me! I love the shoes! they are hothothot! http://getthrifty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete