Friday 22 June 2012

Quick Update... Succeeding in my University Degree and Travelling Across the Globe...

Hi there!

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I have a pretty good reason.... I've been so busy accepting my 2.1 degree (!!!) from the University of Birmingham and packing for my USA adventure that I really haven't had much time to write which has made me very sad. HOWEVER, I'm now sat on the top bunk at my West Hollywood hostel, Banana Bungalow, filling you in on my most recent goings-on.


*This is what a 2.1 student looks like when she's going out for lunch...*

That's right readers, in spite of my 2.2 from my second year of university (which carried over as 25% of my overall degree classification) I managed SOMEHOW through hard work, determination, and enduring a soul-less existence for a year, to achieve a 2.1. I was absolutely gob-smacked with my success as I had really lost all hope of getting a good grade, purely because I found final year to be nothing but incapacitating pressure. But I guess the pressure must have worked for me for some reason as I magically managed to get a degree classification which reflects my abilities and the hard work I have put in. My parents were very happy for me, and we're all very proud. And surprised, and thankful to whatever greater being allowed this to be. Thanks readers once and for all for being here for me and waiting for me while I had to take that long blog-break all those months ago. I guess it paid off!

As I say, I'm now in West Hollywood and I've been awake for just over 26 hours so far as today was my travel day. I'm going to grab me some shut eye in a minute as I'm absolutely exhausted and I'd like to get up tomorrow morning to take the fantastic *sarcastic eyebrow raise* Los Angeles public transport system to Venice Beach. Haha, not looking forward to navigating the buses but the beach should be incredible.

I was really nervous about coming here last night when I was packing in Stoke-on-Trent. However, now I'm here I can see I really had nothing to be frightened about. I've always loved my own company and meeting new people and roaming around, so I feel a bit like this trip is going to be one of the best things I've ever done in my life. Of course, I've only just got here and my positivity may be something to do with the Taco Bell induced euphoria I'm enjoying at the moment... But watch this space!

Over the next few days I'd like to post up a few different items on my To-Do List. But I'm not sure if I'll have time/energy when there's so much else to do... Forgive me if I'm a naughty blogger while I'm away. I absolutely promise *pinky swear* that if I forget to post or don't have chance to do so as frequently as I would like, I will make a note every time I have a post idea and  get them all typed up for you when I'm back. Expect shopping hauls, backpacking-inspired beauty tutorials, travel reviews and more.

Love and snuggles
gabriellasofia
x

13 comments:

  1. one of my best friends is in L.A. at the moment if you need a tour guide :) hope you really enjoy your time there. keep updating us :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawhhh I'm leaving tomorrow. Had a mint time while I've been here though!
      I'm going to try and get on keeping y'all updated haha :) Working on it.
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  2. OMGOSH you are doing what I want to be doing in a year from now!
    I ended up with a 2:2 this year (2nd year) because of being in hospital with a brain tumour, although I am doing some re-sits in August, but seeing that other people have managed to pull it back has really boosted me up :)

    Im hoping to do a USA road trip next summer too, so I want to know all the details ;)

    xoxo
    jessica
    from
    www.thecrownwings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh babe, that's horrendous, I hope you're ok! You can DEFINITELY pull it back if I did. Seriously, I was so un-confident with my degree, literally still can't believe I 2.1'd it. You should definitely do a trip like I'm on. I've had the best time so far.
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  3. Congrats on you 2:1! I'm currently awaiting my degree result!!
    Wow you're so brave to go by yourself, I'm sure you're going to meet a lot of interesting people while you're there. My friend stayed in the Banana Bungalow last year, it looks like a very cool place!
    Have fun!!
    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie :) I'm having a fantastic time. Met so many new people so far, it's been epic. I was way nervous before I started but I'm on cloud nine right now from having such a fab experience already.
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  4. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time, just make sure you don't eat too many taco bells! Look forward to seeing loads of photos :) ~ox

    simplesophie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Taco Bell. Nomgobble. I'm going to be uploading LOADS all at once :)
      Love
      gabriellasofia
      x

      Delete
  5. congrats! that is amazing! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, well done sweetie!! Hope you have a super fabulous time in the US of A!! Can't wait to read what you get up to!

    Em

    x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congratulations!! That's brilliant news. I can't wait for your posts to come, extremely jealous of you right now :D Have fun!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! So jealous of you in the US! Have a lovely time!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies :) My trip was amazing, hope you've been keeping up with my more recent posts about the various shenanigans I got up to!
    Love
    gabriellasofia
    x

    ReplyDelete